Begin Preparing Your Garage For The Holiday Season With Help From Your Local Garage Door Repair Company in Plantation!
As cooler winds blow, thoughts turn to the upcoming holiday season. Between October and January, we have four major holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s). With the kids back in school and cooler, stormier weather on the horizon now is a great time to take advantage of the services from your local garage door repair company to ensure your car and other property stay safe from the elements.
If your garage door is squeaking, shaking or showing other signs of disrepair now is a good time to have your garage door repair services in Plantation check out your garage. A broken garage door could cost you in water damage, and worse cause a safety hazard for your family.
Get Maintenance Help from Your Local Garage Door Repair Services in Plantation!
One way to ensure that your car and other valuables stay safe this winter is to maintain your garage door properly. Proper maintenance will reduce the risk of breaking and will make sure that your garage door lasts longer. Simple steps you can take to maintain good garage door repair includes:
- Cleaning the door at least once a year. It is always a good idea to hose down the outside and inside of the door at the end of winter and the beginning of fall. Remove debris from the tracks. The salty Florida air can cause damage to the paint, tracks, and other metal components. Removing the salt with soap and water will keep your garage door in good working order.
- Inspect your garage door every three to four months. You will need to check the springs on your garage door to ensure they are properly holding your door in place. Loose springs could cause the door to drop, injuring a family member or damaging your vehicle. If you notice that your springs need repair, call your local garage door repair contractor to schedule an appointment for your repair.
- Check the tracks and test the door balance. While you are inspecting your springs, do not forget to look at the rollers, tracks, and hinges. Check all metal parts for rust and degradation. Hinges that are rusting or pulling away from the wall need to be replaced
- To test the balance, you can lift your garage door to about your waist. Release the door slowly. If the door drops quickly or bounces up, you should hire a professional garage door repair contractor to balance the door. Remember: Before you attempt to test the balance, to disconnect the garage door opener, and disengage the indoor opener (you can usually do this by pulling on the central cord located on the middle track).
- Lubricate the door once a year. You can lubricate the door, hinges and springs with a non-silicone based oil (some motor oils will work fine). Keep the oil away from the nylon rollers. Lubricating the rollers and hinges will allow your door to open and shut smoothly. If you notice any damage, contact a garage door repair plantation technician from your local garage door repair services in Plantation.
Get In The Holiday Spirit and Decorate Your Garage Door!
Your garage door not only serves as a buffer against the elements but can also act as an artist’s pallet. With the holiday season just around the corner, now is an excellent time to start gathering decorating ideas to bring a little extra holiday cheer to your home.
For a fun Halloween idea, consider constructing a giant pumpkin on the door with large felt shapes or creating a Halloween story with decorations from your local dollar store. Cobwebs, spiders, ghosts and witches look good against most color pallets.
You can add winter cheer to your garage door with a simple strand of lights. Spruce up the look with garland. Adding festive holiday decorations to your garage door is an easy way to ramp up the holiday cheer in your neighborhood.
If you are feeling a little competitive (or just extra cheerful) this holiday season, consider decorating inside your garage. You can create a life-size holiday diorama with lights, trees, and large holiday figures. Bust out your best decorating skills for the neighborhood decorating contest. If you can live without your garage for a few weeks, this is an excellent way to turn heads.
Whether you need to spruce up the paint on your garage, install a new door or repair damaged parts, contact your local garage door repair services in Plantation. Schedule a consultation at 888.458.9699.