Your home is one of the biggest investments you’ll ever make, and if you do things right, you can increase its value over time. For many homeowners, it can be challenging to identify the best improvements and maintenance work that will bring long term value. At Garage Door Pros, we can help you to tick one of the most important maintenance tasks off your list, by providing expert Hollywood garage door repair.
An attractive and fully-functioning garage door increases your home’s curbside appeal, and your investment in a quality garage door will pay off in the form of higher market value. Learn the signs that tell you it’s time for garage door repair and maintenance.
Leading Realtors See Garage Doors as Key to Home Value
It’s all too easy to get caught up in the renovations and maintenance inside your home. However, one thing that is often overlooked is the fact that outward facing features are actually more effective at raising home value and increasing appeal.
Realtors have found that garage door replacement can return almost 90% of its value at resale. By extension, any repairs that you make to your existing garage door will benefit you in the long term. Whether you are planning to sell your home in 2019 or at any time in the next five years, Hollywood garage door repair is an investment that makes sense.
Just think about it. Your garage door is probably your primary entryway into your home. It takes up a significant amount of the front façade, and it’s immediately noticeable from the curb. If your garage door isn’t hanging straight, that will be an immediate turnoff for buyers. If your door looks good but doesn’t function properly, that’s just one more thing that buyers will have to worry about after moving in.
While some people enjoy purchasing DIY project homes that they can repair and improve, the majority of buyers simply want to invest in a house that is functional, attractive, and comfortable.
If your garage door is starting to fail, a Hollywood garage door repair company should be the first number you call.
Even if you aren’t planning to sell, increasing curbside appeal is still the right thing to do. You’ll feel better about your home, and you’ll be proud to invite friends and family around.
Don’t let your most valuable asset deteriorate. Have your garage door repaired and maintained with certified local professionals.
Do You Need Garage Door Repair?
There are some key warning signs that indicate your garage door needs repair or maintenance. Call us for service immediately when you notice any of the following problems.
- A slow door that’s difficult to open manually: If your door is starting to struggle when opening or closing, it could indicate a problem with the motor or other key mechanical components. A slow door will typically get worse over time. You can prevent further damage by booking a technician for garage door repair.
- New noises coming from your garage door: Automatic garage doors aren’t exactly silent, but they shouldn’t be overly noisy either. If you’ve noticed new sounds coming from the motor or any of the moving parts, you should have maintenance performed immediately. Clanking sounds could mean bent or damaged rollers. Clanging and pinging sounds suggest that your springs are starting to fail. Any additional grinding, whining from the motor, or other unusual sounds should be investigated by a qualified professional.
- Your door no longer closes completely: When your door doesn’t close properly, you are inviting the elements and opportunistic criminals into your home. Stay up to date on garage door maintenance and use our 24-hour hotline to call for repairs and prevent a break-in.
- Your door is hanging off to one side: Sagging or odd leaning of a garage door could indicate a problem on a runner, mounting points, or even a failed spring. No matter what the underlying cause is, you shouldn’t ignore this problem. Experienced technicians can perform a complete inspection to discover the cause and perform appropriate repairs.
- You can see physical signs of damage or deterioration: Make a habit of inspecting your garage door each week. Look at the springs, the tracks, and other exposed components. You should take rust, dents, warped materials, and other signs of damage seriously. Even minor damage could snowball into a bigger problem, leading to costly repairs that could have been avoided with general maintenance.
Keep your home secure and looking great from the curbside. Just as you invested in the home you love, you can now invest in Hollywood garage door repairs. Our highly trained and certified professionals can repair and maintain your garage door to keep your home value up. Best of all, you’ll enjoy the convenience of a trouble free door every single day.
Leave A Comment