When you really stop to think about it, a garage door is actually a moving object! And like any moving object that means it can be a source of potential injury. With that in mind, consider these eleven important safety tips from Garage Door Pros, Davie garage door repair services.
- Never let children play with garage door remote controls. Also, make sure that the garage door opener control button is out of the reach of small children. Five feet from ground level is a general rule.
- Keep your garage door properly maintained to keep it operating safely. Annual maintenance by a trained service technician, such as our Davie garage door repair experts, is recommended.
- Never stand or walk under a moving garage door. Never try to enter or exit the garage by racing to beat a moving garage door. And, more importantly, teach your children to stay away from a moving garage door. Most modern garage doors come equipped with movement sensors but there’s always a chance that these could fail, leaving you or someone else trapped under the door.
- When opening or closing a garage door, always keep the door in view and the garage door button at hand until the door is fully opened or fully closed. In doing so, you can make certain that no people or animals try to enter or exit while the door is moving or, if they do, you can be ready to halt the garage door movement.
- Never place your fingers near or between door sections when the door is opening or closing. Explain to children that doing so can pinch their fingers. If you have very small, or very curious, children consider replacing your garage door with one that has panels that can’t pinch. Our Davie garage door repair contractors can help you find and install an appropriate garage door.
- Be careful about broken window glass. If your garage door has windows, then at some point you may need to deal with broken glass due to storm damage or thrown objects. Be sure to clean up the broken glass as soon as possible using a broom and dustpan rather than your hands. Double check to make sure that you haven’t left any glass shards around for people or animals to step on.
- Once a month, visually inspect the garage door, looking at springs, cables, rollers and pulleys for signs of wear. If you note any trouble spots, be sure to contact Davie garage repair experts to fix the problems. Remember, these parts are under high tension and can easily cause injuries to someone not trained in garage door repairs in Davie.
- Make sure that you know how to use the garage door’s emergency release feature. This is critical should something or someone become trapped under the door or should your electricity go out. Consult your garage door owner’s manual for information on how to use this feature.
- Keep your garage door properly maintained. If your garage door itself is not properly maintained, then there’s a chance that a panel, or even the entire door, can fall and cause harm. Garage Door Pros provides Davie garage door repair contractors who can sign you up for an annual maintenance service, leaving you worry free.
- Before you attempt self repairs, remember that your garage door opener uses electricity, which can shock or kill if mishandled. Service should be performed by a trained Davie garage repair technician.
- If someone backs their car into the garage door or the door suffers other damage such tree branches falling against it in a storm, then you should have the door inspected and repaired if necessary by a trained Davie garage repair technician. Even if the door looks fine, critical components may have become misaligned, creating a potentially dangerous situation.
The Best Garage Door Service in Davie
Garage Door Pros is the leader in the industry of Davie garage repair. We have a team of experienced, well-trained professionals who know garage door repair inside and out. And, even better, we pride ourselves on providing this excellent, reliable service at the best available prices. In fact, we even guarantee that if you receive a written repair estimate that is lower than ours, we’ll meet the estimate and even take an additional 10$ off of it! That’s a price guarantee that no one can’t beat!
We offer a variety of Davie garage repair services at Garage Door Pros. For example, we offer garage door repair, broken spring repair, garage door tune ups, garage door installations, noisy garage door repair and just about anything else you can think of!
Your garage door is more important than you may at first realize. To keep it up and running, be sure to contact Garage Door Pros today at 888-458-9699 to get your free evaluation and estimate. Your family’s safety depends on it!
Leave A Comment