Call: (954) 830-9661
Living in Florida has a huge range of advantages, but the one big disadvantage is the storms our state suffers. When there’s bad weather, your garage doors can really take a beating. That’s why it’s important to know how your door can be damaged, and what to look for following a storm. Our Hollywood garage door repair service has seen it all, so here’s what you should be vigilant for.
Storms Do More Damage Than You’d Think
Like the rest of your home, your garage door is at risk of damage from any kind of inclement weather. This means that you should have the sturdiest door possible installed when you build your garage or have the door replaced. Even the most weather resistant door can take damage, though.
The issue with storm damage is that it’s not always obvious right away. The door may look fine on the surface, but the operation of your door could be affected by the weather. This is why you should always inspect your garage door after a storm, along with the rest of your home.
The Types Of Damage Your Door Can Suffer
When you inspect your garage door, there are a few issues you should be looking for. Here’s what our Hollywood garage door service engineers have seen after a storm in their area:
- Dents: This is the most obvious damage that can occur to your door. Sometimes they only constitute cosmetic damage, but they can actually let in moisture, or begin to rust. If this happens, the door will need repair right away.
- Bent framing: Strong winds can really do damage to the framing of your garage door. It can bent out of shape, making it harder to open and close the door. You will need to call a repair team out in order to get it back into shape. If it’s bent badly enough, you may need a whole new door.
- Scratches: Like dents, scratches are quite common and you’ll see them right away. If your door is metal, the scratches to the finish can let water into the door, causing rust. If there are scratches on the door, it may need repainting to avoid this happening.
- Damaged sensors: If your garage uses sensors to open, they could be damaged by hail or flying debris during a storm. This can cause issues as if the sensor is damaged, it may not work when you try and reopen the door. If this happens, you’ll need to have it replaced as soon as possible.
- Electrical issues: These can happen if any critical part of the garage door takes a blow during the storm. It can also happen if water has made its way into the workings of the door, causing electrical damage. Again, this will be an issue that will need to be repaired as soon as possible.
What To Do When Your Door Is Damaged
If your garage door has taken any of the above damage, it can be alarming, but don’t worry. Most issues are very simple to fix when the repairs are undertaken by qualified engineers. To get your door repaired, just get in touch with us here at Garage Door Pros. We’re the Florida experts in all kinds of garage door repairs.
After the storm, inspect your garage door and then give us a call. We’ll come out to take look ourselves, and give you a quote on the work that will need to be done. Our quotes are always reasonable, and you’re not obligated to use if you need any work done.
The best thing about us is that we’re available in an emergency 24/7. If the sensors have broken, or the track has bent out of shape, you won’t be able to get your car out of your garage. If this happens, you can call us and we’ll get it repaired as soon as possible.
As you can see, there are all kinds of damage a storm can do to your garage door. Luckily, it’s never too difficult to get them repaired, though. If you suffer any damage, give our garage door repair company a call, and we’ll have it as good as new.
Leave A Comment